- Test administrator starts the computer and you get 1-2 minute of practice code before the real test begins. Be sure that you can hear the code generator clearly and let the test administrator know if you cant. Sometimes strong echoes interfere with the code, so dont be afraid to have the equipment adjusted or move around until you can hear clearly. Take advantage of this time to relax and get comfortable. Dont worry if you dont copy the practice minute well, use the practice to get rid of your jitters.
- Verbal instruction are given for the actual test code by the tester. Follow the instruction carefully despite the adrenaline coursing through your veins.
- 6 V characters (meaning test) are sent.
- The actual test begins and continues for at least 7 minute. The code contains text and numbers in two session. First session : anything from plain Bahasa Melayu. Second session : Random groups of number.
- Dont : practice at very high or very low speeds, stay just a little faster than the test speed. ( 16-14 wpm)
- Do : have at least one spare pen or pencil ready to pick up and use.
- Dont : erase any miscopied characters, just make a single line through them.
- Do : Leave an underscore when you miss a character, like_this, because you may recognize the word as you copy more letters. Making underscore for each missed character keeps you in rhythm until you get back on track.
- Dont: Panic when you miss a character. take a deep breath and focus on an upcoming character.